Sunday, November 25, 2007

Songs of the Week # 14, #15, #16, and #17

I've missed a few weeks, so there are four songs in this post.

First up is a new song by Foo Fighters. I first ran into them two years ago, when one of my favorite dollers mentioned that they were her favorite band. I listened to some of their stuff then, but didn't like it.

This song was released on the radio about two months ago, and I really liked it. Apparently their new album is slightly different than their older ones.

Since starting this post, I found out that this song and band are up for some Grammy nominations! I hope they win something.

The Pretender - Foo Fighters


The next song I found by accident, while looking for a song called "What are you Waiting for" by No Secrets, which is a sweet, girlish song.
This song is not. This is a very weird song.
There may be some language in it, just to warn you, and the video is very weird. The song starts about three minutes in, but I recommend watching the whole thing.

What You Waiting For - Gwen Stefani



This song I thought was by Simple Plan, but it's actually by the All American Rejects. Upon finding that out, I got their CD out of the library, and it's actually very good!
Again, a slightly bizarre video.

Dirty Little Secret - All American Rejects



There's a program on one of the radio stations I listen to, where they'll play the top forty songs of the week on Sunday morning. They also have information about upcoming movies and albums, as well as interviews with actors and singers, so I tape it and listen to it. I was very surprised, to find this song on the mid 30s. It's one of the best songs to come out this year, and it's by an artist I don't know!
The video is again, weird, but not as weird as the Gwen Stefani one.

Misery Business - Paramore

No comments: