Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Grammys

I taped the Grammy Awards on Sunday, and watched them yesterday and today. After watching a particularly boring Grammy a few years ago, and on finding out that they gave the Song of the Year Award to "My Humps" last year (who would do that? Who in their right mind would award that song??), I haven't been to thrilled with the Grammys.

I must say, though, that this years show was very good. I guess that since it's their 50th show, they had a lot of performances of older songs, and a lot of older performers singing, which was a lot of fun. Tina Turner and Beyonce performed "Proud Mary", which might have been my favorite part of the whole thing, and Jerry Lee Lewis and Little Richy preformed, which was also fun. No Police, but since they performed last year, that's not surprising.

Amy Winehouse won a lot, which surprised me. I hadn't expected her to win much. Rihanna got an award (her acceptance speech was adorable), which made me happy, and Paramore didn't, which made me sad.

I actually enjoyed Alicia Keys performance of "No One", which is surprising, since I hate the song. I think it works better as a performance, when you can watch her sing.

I did not enjoy Brad Paisleys performance. I thought it was boring and skipped it.

Andrea Bocelli and Josh Grobans performance was gorgeous. Their voices sound wonderful together.


Although they didn't show it, Maroon 5 won Best Pop Performance by a group for their song "Makes Me Wonder", one of my favorite songs that came out last year, and Ne-yo also won for his new album. This makes me extremely pleased. The Foo Fighters also won a few awards, which made me happy.

So now I can't wait for next years show, which is unusual.

No comments: