Saturday, July 7, 2007

Innocent Dragon doll

I entered a collaboration at Fairytopia, where we each took a mythlogical creature or two with a certain theme. I chose the Innocent Dragon, and the Emo Centaur.
I had no inspiration whatsoever for an innocent dragon, until I saw this base by Aceldama, and it inspired me immediately. A few days later, I ended up with this:


Base

I'm very pleased with her! The base is much larger than I normally work on, but I think she came out well, nonetheless. The fire in her hand was hard to get right, as were her wings.
After dolling her, I have more confidence in my ability to doll on large bases.

1 comment:

Steve Emery said...

Very cool! The red boots/shoes work as the end of the dragon (where the point of the tail would be). And the flame in the hand is a great idea - very different - mystical - more innocent than having it inside her mouth. The wings are great, too - they add just enough - not too big.