Friday, September 5, 2008

Too much Victorian fiction...

One of my favorite things, lately, is reading books written in the Victorian era. The Invisible Man, The Phantom of the Opera, Dracula, I love them all.

This leads to disturbing dreams, though. I had one a few nights ago where the Phantom, Javert (from Les Miserables), and this random Victorian diplomat guy, were all looking for love. I think it was a nice part of the dream, but I don't remember it well.

Then, somehow, I was with Edgar Allen Poe (who looked EXACTLY like L, from Deathnote), and he was extremely sad, and I was trying to cheer him up. It didn't work.

Finally, he turned into Lord Byron/Don Juan, and he and his black imp sidekick tried to kill me and ruin my house, until I stabbed the black imp and made it explode. Then I woke up (thank goodness).

1 comment:

Steve Emery said...

Your dreams sound like some kind of Victorian collage or mash-up. Amazing what the dream grinder will turn out when you stuff interesting enough things in the top.